PRE-CHALLENGE TASK NOW ON
The 2015 Australasian Management Challenge pre-Challenge Task is underway. 110 teams from around Australia and New Zealand are rolling up their sleeves and getting down to the challenging business of preparing an informed, imaginative and compelling response to this year's PCT question. LGMA congratulates all teams on taking on Australia's best professional development challenge, and wishes participants the best of luck. Don't forget, the deadline is 6 March.
NEW (ONLINE) DIGS FOR LGMA NT
The host state of 2015 Congress has launched a new website. If you are heading to Darwin in April then get online and find out all you need to know about local government in the Top End.
DARWIN, 6 THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU HEAD TO CONGRESS
1. Darwin was named the 10th best city to visit in the world by Lonely Planet in 2012.
2. It's closer to Bali (2.5 hrs) and Singapore (4.5) than it is to Melbourne.
3. May Day weekend begins as Congress comes to a close. It's a celebration in the NT, the Monday is a public holiday and a street parade will be held in Darwin.
4. The picturesque and challenging Alice Springs Gold Course is among one of the world's top ten desert golf courses.
5. Darwin was bombed more times than Pearl Harbour during WWII. The Defence of Darwin Experience is rated the number one attraction on Trip Advisor and won the Travellers Choice Award 2014.
6. The city has a population density of 0.1 per square kilometre, so be sure to tip your hat to everyone.
IS YOUR COUNCIL A MEMBER OF LGMA NATIONAL?
If you and your colleagues want to make the most of opportunities like the National Congress and the Management Challenge, then our new LGMA National Council Memberships could save you a bundle. The membership aligns your organisation with ours, and features access to national and international programs and events at heavily reduced prices. With three membership options to choose from, there is a fit that is right for every council, big or small.
BE A PART OF LGMA NATIONAL TV
LGMA National is pleased to announce it will partner with international production company WebsEdge to deliver LGMA National TV at Congress 2015. Organisations will have the chance to contribute to the Thought Leadership features, which showcase new initiatives, case studies and best practice.
REGISTER TO RECEIVE LG MANAGER
Did you know that each edition of our digital publication LG Manager is delivered to every council in Australia? Councils then distribute it to staff via email or their intranet. But you can bypass this, and receive it direct in your inbox four times a year, ABSOLUTELY FREE!
LATEST LG MANAGER OUT NOW
Congress host city Darwin was an outstanding performer in the 2014 Management Challenge. Check out their pre-Challenge Task video.
Keep up-to-date with @LGMANational